Blog / Drawings
I continued drawing since I have to wait again for a while.
The adaptor for the front sprocket will look more or less like this with the RPM sensor added. There will be 2 notches (or maybe just 2 bolts into it, don't know yet) in the adaptor which the sensor will pick up.
It's just a question of whether it fits with the sprocket and chain on it. There's not much space to work with there, also with the frame.
Since I'm still waiting for the motor mount I've tried to draw it. This way I can at least already see how and where it'll be attached exactly.
While I don't have the motor mount yet I do have some good news. If all goes well it should be done at the end of next week. Means I'll probably receive it next saturday.
Drawing is pretty much done now. There should still be a few little things added but I don't know if I will actually draw them. Was already annoying enough to get the orange cables like this.
Here with all the battery boxes opened.
And here with all battery boxes closed.
It'll be like that pretty much. The 2 darker orange cables are just the positive and negative of the whole battery pack and go towards the controller. These are the thicker cables with mesh shielding inside of them. The cables that are between the battery boxes are a bit smaller and a bit more flexible. And the gray box is just the outside size of the charger just to see if it would fit next to the cable glands and orange cables.
I just hope it all actually fits like this in the frame. I'm not entirely sure about the 2 batteries that are sitting at an angle in front of the steering shaft and the 1 battery at the bottom. Can't really know for sure untill I actually receive the batteries. They should have arrived already at the company I ordered them from, will still wait some more untill next week.
Posted on 15 April 2013 at 09:59 pm (CET)
As long as I have to wait for the motor mount I'll just continue drawing. Starting to enjoy it pretty much.
So here's the next part, the emergency switch.
Enclosure for this is also done already. The real one might be a little different though, will have to see how it'll fit where the gas tank used to be. Also want to place the charge plug there so I don't know if there's enough space for both.
This one will be in the middle of the battery pack (after 12 of the 24 batteries) so that there's no more voltage on both the positive and negative after the batterypack when this is pressed. And I'd also have to voltage split (2x 36V instead of 72V). This will be a bit safer again than just placing it on the positive cable of the battery pack like I was first planning to do.
Now to continue with the rest of the battery boxes.
Drawing of the biggest battery box is pretty much done now, still had to modify some things since the location of the cable glands, orange cables and frame of the quad bike didn't work out that well. So it'll probably be more or less like this.
And this is what it'll look like closed. Still needs a warning sticker for high voltage though but on this big battery box I don't just want a basic sticker. Will have to see if I can get something funny made for this when it's all made and done at least.
Pretty nice this 3D drawing, can immediately see if something fits or not before even starting with the real thing.
Think I'll only have a hard time with the other battery boxes since the frame of the quad bike is kind of in the way to be able to pass the cables through the boxes. Will have to wait and see how this will fit.