Blog / Frame ready to be sandblasted, new bushings and bearings
Good news, I finally have everything done for sandblasting. This weekend I worked really hard to get everything to fit and also rounded off all corners and sharp edges.
First some pictures with everything in, the mounting points still weren't made to size here and still no corners rounded off.
And here with everything out, looks pretty nice. And it's also very strong, I'm really happy that I decided to go with 3 mm steel instead of aluminium.
Then I took everything apart again and placed all parts that have to be sandblasted together. There are quite a few parts.
So these are also the last pictures with that ugly glossy white and all those bare spots. Hopefully I can go the sandblaster this coming week already, I'll keep you updated.
Meanwhile I also had some new bushings made of the material POM. The small ones are all for the front swingarms en the 2 big ones for the rear swingarm. These are replacements for the bad rubber bushings (front swingarms) and needle bearings (rear swingarm). POM is very suitable for this, it's very wear resistant and smooth. Many quad bike riders use this material as replacement and are very happy with it. I still don't know myself since I can't place them yet till everything is sprayed.
I also got some new bearings for the front wheels and rear axle of the brand SKF. These will last much longer than the original Chinese ones that were in there.
In the bearing house I also had a slight modification made. The speed sensor of Trail Tech is quite a bit smaller than the original one and also has a different thread (3/8 inch). To be able to mount the sensor in the same spot a bushing was placed in there, works perfectly.
That was it again, hopefully another update soon with a sandblasted frame.